Museum Kimchikan is a space for understanding, experiencing and enjoying Korea’s kimchi, a traditional food that is being globally recognized as a health food. Visitors can rent hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) to take photos or wear while touring the museum, and there is also a section where visitors can make kimchi. Located in Insa-dong, a popular traditional tourist area, Kimchikan has played a major role in promoting the originality and value of kimchi since 1986, and was selected as one of the world’s top 11 food museums by CNN.
- Address : 35-4 Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul (4th, 5th & 6th Floor, Insadong Maru)
- Inquiry : www.kimchikan.com / 02-6002-6456, 6477 / 02-2223-2573
- Business Hour : 10:00 ~ 18:00(Closed on Mondays)
O’NGO FOOD COMMUNICATIONS
TripAdvisor, a website that provides reviews of travel-related contents, ranked 190 “things to do in Seoul” and a tour program offered by O’ngo Food was third on the list. In addition to cooking classes, O’ngo Food offers a variety of culinary tours such as the “Night Dining Tour” where tourists can get a taste of Korea’s hoesik culture (company dinner and drinking gathering), the “Meat Tour” which takes a tour of meat restaurants in Majang-dong, and the “Fish Market Tour” that tours the Noryangjin Fisheries Wholesale Market. All programs are accompanied by a “food curator” who explains the Korean culinary culture.
- Address : 12, Samil-daero 30-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Inquiry : www.ongofood.com 02-3446-1607
- Business Hour: 09:00 ~ 18:00
JEONG GANG WON
Jeong Gang Won is a traditional Korean food culture experience center where visitors can make and taste various fermented foods and traditional dishes like bibimbap, kimchi, jeon (Korean pancakes), and songpyeon (half-moon rice cake). At the food museum within Jeong Gang Won, visitors can get a better understanding of traditional Korean foods, and there is also an organic farm that supplies fresh and healthy ingredients to its restaurant. Jeong Gang Won also offers a hanok experience, where guests can stay at a traditional Korean house and also try on hanbok (traditional Korean clothing).
- Address : 2010-13 Geumdanggyegok-ro, Yongpyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
- Inquiry : www.jeonggangwon.com 033-333-1011~2