Recharge your body & soul on an island of treasures a great vacation spot that is warm throughout the year
Hallasan Mountain, oreums (parasitic cones), the deep blue sea, yellow canola flowers, dolhareubang (stone statues found on Jeju Island), and haenyeos (female divers) ? Jeju Island is full of superb natural landscapes as well as a unique culture and mysterious legends. Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak, one of over 360 oreums found on the island, is a world-recognized natural heritage. Jeju’s founding myth is still alive in the old downtown of Jeju, and various culture and art-themed streets welcome tourists in Seogwipo.
- :The southernmost province in Korea
- :1,847 km²
- :Warm oceanic climate, 16˚C (average annual temp)
- :Azalea · camphor tree · Jeju white-backed woodpecker (Dendrocopos leucotos quelpartensis)
Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal
Beautiful Jeju ocean welcomes you once you arrive at the Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal. The port has convenient facilities such as a currency exchange, local specialty stores and a pharmacy. You can take a bus, taxi, or city tour bus at Pier 7 to get to major tourist attractions. Make sure to choose your destination in advance for efficient travelling.
Map of Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal
1F Ticket Office, Concourse, Duty-free Shop, Customs, Customs Inspection Zone, Quarantine Booth, Waiting Area
2F Passenger Concourse, Security Check, Immigration, Waiting Area, Duty-Free Pickup
How to move from Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal to tourist sites
The nearest tourist attractions from the port are in Jeju city, which can be reached in 5 minutes by bus or taxi. Jeju city is always a popular destination since you can enjoy both local specialties as well as delicacies at Jeju Dongmun Traditional Market. You can also visit Jeju Mokgwana (the former Jeju government office), where government officials in the Joseon Dynasty used to reside. You are recommended to use a tourist taxi or rental car if you want to conveniently travel throughout the beautiful Jeju Island.
You can take a bus in front of the Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal to get to Jeju Dongmun Traditional Market (Dongmun Rotary or Jungang-ro Intersection stops) or Hoetjip Street (Tap-dong Entrance stop) near the West Pier via piers 6 and 4 of Jeju Port. The bus interval is rather long, but it can be an efficient means of transportation if you arrive at the bus stop in time. You can get to the traditional market within 5-10 minutes if you are lucky.
- Departure In front of Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal
- Intervals: 30–40 mins
- Minimum charge 1,200 won
City Tour Bus
Take a city tour bus in front of Jeju Port International Passenger Terminal to visit Jeju’s major tourist sites such as Dongmun Traditional Market, Gwandeokjeong Pavilion, Yongduam Rock (Dragon Head Rock) and Halla Arboretum. The city tour buses operate at 1 hour intervals from 09:00 to 19:00. You can hop on and off at any bus stop.
Taxis are the most convenient and fastest way to get to a destination in Jeju. You can get to Manjanggul Cave or Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites, within 1 hour by taxi.
- Departure A taxi stop in front of cruise piers 7 and 8
- Minimum charge 2,800 won (up to 2 km) * Fares are subject to change.
- Jeju Dongmun Traditional Market approx. 5 mins / Gwandeokjeong Pavilion, Samseonghyeol approx. 8 mins / Yongduam Rock (Dragon Head Rock) approx. 12 mins / Manjanggul Cave approx. 42 mins / Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak approx. 1 hr and 5 mins
If you are visiting Jeju for the first time, a Global Taxi which boasts kind service, is recommended.
- Global Taxi 1899-4314 (EN/CH/JP)
- Fares vary depending on the course you choose (a 4-hour course is the minimum)
- * reservations are required.
If you want to rent a car, visit Jeju International Airport. The car rental zone can be found in front of the airport. Rental prices vary depending on the season, vehicle type, and rental company.
- * Make sure to bring your international driver’s license and passport.
- * Check your departure time again when you rent a car.